All of the posts in this collection are published on LinkedIn. They are republished here on this site for your convenience. Each post will also include a link to the original post on LinkedIn.
You are encouraged to share and comment. Please do so on the original post on LinkedIn.
- Real estate website overhaul – watch your traffic and search results improve - This is the final installment in a 3-part series about our recent real estate website overhaul for Houston-based Energy Realty. In the first post we discussed content changes. In the second we talked about niche and lead funnel development. In this final post we will take a look at some early Analytics results. As you […]
- Creating a Real Estate Lead Funnel and Calls-to-Action - Energy Realty Reveals Niche and we create Free e-book to serve as a real estate lead funnel with multiple calls-to-action (CTA’s) In my first post in this 3 part series on Houston’s Energy Realty enhancements to their existing website, I discussed changes we were making to to the overall site designed to improve the user experience. In this […]
- Real estate website design trends – get the results you want - One of the most disturbing real estate website design trends is that most realtors never see the results they expected from their real estate website. The primary reason – they negotiate their web designer down, down, down and consequently have to forgo the “secondary”, yet vital, website development activities of blogging with a purpose, building […]
- Is your real estate website lead capture strategy actually chasing visitors away? - It’s time to reconsider your real estate website lead capture strategy. Successful agents know that long term interaction with potential buyers and sellers leads to more business. That’s why everyone wants to capture names and email addresses from their website visitors as part of their real estate website lead capture strategy. Many IDX/RETS systems offer […]
- Top trends in real estate website design - I know it’s Labor Day weekend and many of you are working so I decided to work too and put together a series of posts summarizing the top trends in real estate website design for 2015. You’re probably wondering why an image of two tennis coaching programs? The answer – design matters! One of the top […]
- IDX Essentials Part II – Framed IDX vs Indexable IDX - There are two primary IDXes available today – framed and unframed (integrated). Framed IDX searches are dropped into a web page using iframes. Framed solutions are easy to implement and generally will work in both HTML and WordPress websites. Framed solutions have a major drawback – searches, search results and individual properties are displayed in […]
- Real estate website mistakes tell potential clients not to hire you - Are you a “me-too” realtor? Of course you aren’t. Don’t let your real estate website mistakes make your potential clients think you are! Why do you have a”me-too” website? Free/cheap sites from homes.com, websitebox.com and others are inexpensive, let’s be honest here – cheap. However, even a multitude of templates can’t disguise the fact that […]
- Our latest e-commerce site - We have just finished the final styling and content on our latest e-commerce site: Búho Cigars. I wanted to share it with my followers because we are very proud of our latest e-commerce site and its store functionality. Take a look at it. I hope you find it as visually stunning as we do. If you […]
- Why every agent needs their own website - Your broker provides you with an agent page on the company’s website or even a subdomain site (yourname.company.com). That’s nice but keep reading to learn why every agent needs their own website. Every agent needs to have their own website for the following reasons: The NAR reports that 96% of buyers start their home […]
- IDX Essentials Part 1 – Responsive IDX - Congratulations, your site is fully integrated with your IDX. IDX essentials dictate that your IDX is mobile-friendly. Visitors can search and find listings. An IDX is an IDX so you are state-of-the-art right? You even went through the expense of updating your site to be mobile-friendly. Look out competitors here you come. Your happy with your […]
- Rank #1 in search engines and get more listings with single property websites - Single listing websites give sellers another reason to list with you. They rank #1 with search engines. Branded and sexy they wow both buyers and sellers with the right content and images. Single listing websites with custom property address domains score big with Google and other search engines. It is not unusual for them to rank […]
- Duplicate Content – Is Google punishing you for your real estate blog? - Most agents understand the need to continuously add new and fresh content to their sites. Done properly, blogging can greatly improve your visitors’ experience on your website and help your overall SEO. Unfortunately, due to time constraints many agents depend on third party provided blogs. What they don’t realize is that many of the blog […]
- Google’s mobile-friendly test – a must pass for real estate websites - Don’t keep wasting your marketing efforts on a website that fails Google’s mobile-friendly test and is seen by search engines as non-responsive or mobile-unfriendly. Use Google’s mobile-friendly test page to see how your site stacks up. What you DON’T want to see is the dreaded red “Not mobile-friendly” as shown below. Up to 70% of weekend real […]